[drupal-devel] hi, etc

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 20:08:13 UTC 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:22:04 -0500, Daniel Convissor
<danielc at analysisandsolutions.com> wrote:

> > The new install system being prepared for 4.7 will handle this
> > automagically for the user,
> > but patches for the time being would be very welcome.
>
> Nice.  Is this new install system stuff in CVS yet or is it only
> theoretical at this point?  If in CVS, where?  If not, do you have any
> code yet?  If so, give me a peak.  I'm asking because why should anyone
> (aka ME :) spend time whipping up something if someone else has already
> done the work? :)

There is work being done for CivicSpace and Bryght to create a very
nice Drupal installer. If you download and install CivicSpace, you can
give ours a try -- but there does need to be some work done to unify
the work that Adrian is doing with the work that we're doing.

In any case, it would be great for you take a look at these two
systems and explore overlaps and opportunities for generalizing their
design/implementations.

Chris