[drupal-devel] Re: schema definition

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Wed Mar 30 14:57:51 UTC 2005

Hi Moshe:

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 09:12:50AM -0500, Moshe Weitzman wrote:

> If the schema stuff requires the rest
> of PEAR, then we would be unlikely to use it.

MDB2 uses PEAR.php for error handling.

> Aslo, how close are you to
> offerring support for more RDBMS? Right now the only 2 that are
> supported are the ones we already have.

That's not accurate.  MDB2 has good support for these extensions:
mysql, mysqli, pgsql, oci8, ibase (incl. Firebird) and sqlite.  The fbsql
and mssql drivers are shaky.

PEAR DB has solid, tested support for the following extensions: fbsql,
ibase (incl. Firebird), informix, msql, mssql, mysql, mysqli, oci8, odbc,
pgsql, sqlite and sybase.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/