[drupal-devel] Plain-text checking / text output in Drupal

Jonathan Chaffer jchaffer at structureinteractive.com
Thu Mar 31 14:03:15 UTC 2005

On Mar 31, 2005, at 6:29 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> On 31 Mar 2005, at 11:30, Steven Wittens wrote:
>> I've written up a short text on text output in Drupal after my
>> patch... once it's cleaned up a bit, it should go into the
>> documentation somewhere. I'll also add a short blurb to the module
>> upgrading guide.
>
> Looks good, though I'd consider adding a couple examples (dos and
> don'ts).  I guess this kind of documentation belongs in contrib/docs
> so we can link the function names -- or does it belong in the
> handbook?  (Can't we move the entire developer guide to contrib/docs?)

+1 for this move.

I recently added code to api.module to allow it to handle HTML files.
It grabs everything in the <body>, links the function/file names, and
places the output in theme('page'). This update hasn't made it to
drupaldocs yet (I think Kj is still quite backlogged). Once it does,
the HTML files in contrib/docs/developer/topics should start showing up
there.

If anyone with The Power wants to update api.module on the site, be my
guest. :-)
--

Jonathan Chaffer
Applications Developer, structure:interactive