[drupal-devel] phptemplate in core?
kbahey at gmail.com
Sun May 1 16:29:27 UTC 2005
+1 from me.
PHPTemplate need to move to core.
By the way, Pushbutton already has a port for phptemplate here
I used it with 4.6 and it seems to work fine.
Regarding removing xtemplate engine, why not leave it in core? At
least for 4.7, then remove it in 4.8 so people have a transition
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 17:49:07 +0200
From: Dries Buytaert <dries at buytaert.net>
Subject: [drupal-devel] phptemplate in core?
To: drupal-devel at drupal.org
Adrian et al,
here is what I'd like to see happen: get PHPTemplate in core. We'd
1. remove Xtemplate from core.
2. remove the Bluemarine theme from core (Xtemplate based).
3. remove the Pushbutton theme from core (Xtemplate based).
4. add PHPTemplate to core.
5. add a PHPTemplate-based theme to core.
Steps 1, 2 and 3 are easy. Steps 4 and 5 need to be discussed.
- What needs to be done to get PHPTemplate in core? From what I can
tell, PHPTemplate's engine-specific settings (eg. the primary and
secondary links) need some work.
- What PHPTemplate-based theme should we ship with core? Should we
port either Bluemarine or Pushbutton to PHPTemplate or should we go
with fresh themes? My requirements for such theme would be:
1. The theme must validate as XHTML.
2. The theme's CSS classes/IDs must comply Drupal's naming
3. The theme should work on all browsers without hacks.
4. The theme should be simple and easy to customize. No themes with
a bazillion of small images that no one will ever change.
Dries Buytaert :: http://www.buytaert.net/
More information about the drupal-devel