[drupal-devel] MySQL 3, MySQL 4 and MySQL 5

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Sun May 1 17:25:33 UTC 2005

At what point should we drop MySQL 3 support?

MySQL 4 has been released on October 21, 2001 [1] and a MySQL 5 BETA
release is already available from [2].

 From my investigation, making MySQL 4 a requirement would allow us to
use row-level locking and transactions, two features that are becoming
increasingly important.  If would allow us to get rid of the various
MySQL errors, and would bring us one step closer to true database
integrity.  It would be nice if we could take advantage of these in
Drupal 4.7.

[1] http://www.mysql.com/news-and-events/news/article_81.html
[2] http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html

Thoughts?