[drupal-devel] phptemplate in core?

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Mon May 2 01:29:22 UTC 2005

The (PHPTemplate-based) theme that I would like to see in core more
than any other is FriendsElectric.

This is the only Drupal theme, that I know of, that uses a tableless
CSS layout, and that fully validates as XHTML. All of the themes
currently in core use a table-based layout, and I don't think that
this helps at all, if we're trying to give Drupal an image of being a
modern and standards-compliant web platform.

FriendsElectric also looks really good - better than most of the
current core themes, IMO. It does use a 'bazillion' of small images to
do this, but they're all part of the CSS, rather than the XHTML, so
this is not a huge problem.

Jaza.