[drupal-devel] phptemplate in core?

Tom Dobes tdobes at gmail.com
Mon May 2 06:08:08 UTC 2005

On 5/1/05, Gabor Hojtsy <gabor at hojtsy.hu> wrote:
> > I vote for fresh themes. Or atleast , I vote for a new default theme. Is
> > chameleon going to stay as it is (a .theme), or can we convert it to
> > .tpl.php too (which is rather simple to do).
>
> IMHO it is a good idea to keep a .theme based theme in core, as long as
> this method of themeing is supported. I use this approach heavily for one.
>
> Goba

I wholeheartedly agree.

I fear that if the last .theme in core is removed, people may be
tempted to remove this style of theming altogether, to be replaced
with template-based themes.  The ability to define (whole or partial)
.theme files is what makes Drupal's theme system great, so this would
be a great tragedy.

Tom