[drupal-devel] how Yahoo uses Drupal?

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Tue May 3 17:35:02 UTC 2005

On 03 May 2005, at 03:41, gunnar wrote:
> Also note that Drupal was chosen by Yahoo - in part because of
> the powerful taxonomy system. I stress this because I fear that some
> core
> developers are not aware of this.

I remember us (i) extending the taxonomy system (eg. integrating
folksonomies) and (ii) making it easier to use (eg. improved
administration interfaces).  However, I don't remember us removing any
functionality.  To make a long story short (and per Gunnar's
suggestion); let this be a good reason to improve the taxonomy system.

And for God's sake, can someone "blog this in a forum topic" (tm) and
promote it to drupal.org's front page? ;-)