[drupal-devel] PHPTemplate hits core ... finally

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Fri May 6 18:20:45 UTC 2005

On 06 May 2005, at 19:54, Ber Kessels wrote:
> I have been looking around, and read about DARCS
> (http://abridgegame.org/darcs/) A system that is build purely with
> decentralized, vuluntary, non-hierarchical communities in mind. IMO it
> gets much closer to our ideal workflow then SVN will ever get us.

I've been using Darcs for 2-3 months now.  Based upon my experience, I
would advise against using Darcs:

1. You need to master more commands.  It's slightly more complex than
CVS.

2. If you delete files from your tree, there is no equivalent to 'cvs
-q up -AdP' to get them back.  Highly annoying.

3. It is not scalable due to the fact it is written in Haskell.

I'm more interested in 'git', but it might be premature.