[drupal-devel] Subversion ?

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Sat May 7 12:31:43 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 13:28 +0200, Marcus Rueckert wrote:
> On 2005-05-07 09:36:42 +1000, Gordon Heydon wrote:
> > What about baz which is a re-write of tla front end in C, and has a few
> > better merging techniques in the backend.
>
> i didnt test that yet. maybe i should. but it is another arch fork (why
> does everyone fork it? is it so bad?)

I know that tla's command line interface is pretty bad. But then again I
never really got into it. When I was at LCA everyone was raving about
baz and baz-ng which is backed by Canonical (the backers of ubuntu
linux.) for there big launchpad project (which already has drupal in
it).

> > I am still evaluating it for another project I am working on. Also one
> > of the thins that I like the most about it that it is very easy to
> > create a read only public repository which can be run on a standard
> > virtually hosted web site.
>
> svnserve -d -r /srv/svn/repos/drupa
>
> anon svn done.
>
> setting up the same with apache2 is any harder either.

Basically a read only repository is all client side, you can just dump
the repository onto the web server. No server side modifications is
required. This is good esp. since we are web guys.

Gordon.