[drupal-devel] Cleaner Directory structure

Robert Castelo services at cortexttranslation.com
Sun May 8 16:04:17 UTC 2005

On 8 May 2005, at 16:07, Adrian Rossouw wrote:

>> Yes. core, contrib AND configuration. This way Drupal core upgrade is
>> very simple. Just rename the existing drupal directory and copy a new
>> one in its place.
> Also, while we are re-organizing files, I feel we should move all
> modules
> into their own directories.

+1 on separate directories for core and contrib modules and themes.

This will make it much easier to update Drupal installs, and for
administrators to go through contrib modules to check if they are up to
date with a new core release.

Hopefully this will cut down on a number support requests, and make
them easier to deal with.

I'd suggest changing '/drlocal' to '/custom' to make it much clearer to
average Joe installer what goes in the directory.

Best regards,

Robert