[drupal-devel] Idea - move help text out of code into database

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Fri May 13 08:13:35 UTC 2005

I like this; But i foresee quite some difficulties with providing those texts
as data for the database. Not all modules have a modulename.[my/pg]sql file.
and making the file mandatory only for the help text is not a good option
IMO.

Also: what we need, IMO is a help-tyext importer. One that makes nodes (or
other **searchable**) content on drupal.org from the help texts.

Op vrijdag 13 mei 2005 07:56, schreef puregin:
>      I'm going to re-float here on both lists the idea of having each
> module's help texts provided within the Drupal database, as opposed to
> being hardcoded in.
>
>      Advantages: the help text documentation would be
>         - easier to maintain
>         - easier to translate
>         - easy to tailor to user's experience level and preferences
>            (tag each helptext with a 'User experience level" vocabulary
>             and select the text according to the user's preferences)
>
>      I think it would make the code easier to maintain also.
>
>      Code review and documentation review could occur
> independently.
>
>      Comments?
>
>      Djun
Regards,