[drupal-devel] [drupal-docs] Idea - move help text out of code into database

neil at civicspacelabs.org neil at civicspacelabs.org
Fri May 13 18:45:59 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 07:50:14AM -0700, Kieran Lal wrote:
> On May 12, 2005, at 10:56 PM, puregin wrote:
>
> >     Comments?
>
> I actually think that not only should it be in the database but that
> the database should be populated over xml-rpc.  Why?

Before deciding on XML-RPC we need to decide if documention will be
pulled from servers or pushed to individual Drupal installations.

I expect for the best security and reliability it must be pull. This
means we are just grabbing public information off a server. No need for
something as complex as XML-RPC. Just throw it in XML so there is an
adequate place to keep any metadata. It could even use RSS, although I
think we should avoid using RSS for things which don't need it.

-Neil