[drupal-devel] [drupal-docs] Idea - move help text out of code into database

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Fri May 13 14:49:45 UTC 2005

On May 12, 2005, at 10:56 PM, puregin wrote:

>      Comments?

I actually think that not only should it be in the database but that
the database should be populated over xml-rpc.  Why?

CivicSpace, Development Seed, Bryght, Bloggers all have different
target audiences.   We should allow for the complete customization of
admin/help documentation.   This is similar to the system module
which allows for different site directories to be created with an XML-
RPC call.

Imagine if you will you are a small independent contractor and you
get a call from a client saying they can't figure out how to use
taxonomy.  Change the admin help documentation on the source server
and tell them to go to cron.php.  POOF instant understandable
documentation.

Of course, if I a patch doesn't get submitted to add this
functionality in the next 72 hours or so I am going to go ahead and
submit all 60 module admin help patches to head anyway.  :-)

Cheers,
Kieran