[drupal-devel] Cleaner Directory structure

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Sun May 15 17:20:19 UTC 2005

K B wrote:

>So, can I conclude that we never reached concensus on this change?
>
>I hope that Adrian's install takes care of this issue (having an
>unchangable set of files for Drupal core in a single directory, and
>all changed files in another).
>
>Adrian, any estimated time on when your installer would be ready? Is
>this a 4.7 thing.

It's definately a 4.7 thing. So it will be ready some time before 4.7 is
released.
Work on most of the components have been written already, and just need to
be integrated with each other, and Drupal core.

So the project might take anywhere from 1 month, to three months before
it reaches completion (completion being the core requirements, ie: be
able to install core through a wizard)