[drupal-devel] Admin Help writing instructions - 60 patches coming soon

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue May 17 14:44:14 UTC 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Kobus Myburgh wrote:

> > IMO that would be more than enough power.I have not seen much po files that
> > actually had all the help translated, but then again, its been awhile since i
> > checked them all ;)
>
> YUP, been a while since you checked ;) All texts that poEdit showed
> in my files were translated!
>
> And here I just translated Drupal to Afrikaans and now all the help
> texts get updated. Bah! This will be a good time to figure out how
> to MAINTAIN an update. I have only started from scratch.

You can merge your translations against POT files from a later version
and msgmerge will try to fit good matches to the new strings from the
old ones.

> I also have questions with regards to translating contributed
> modules. Where do we put them? Are these translations sent to the
> module developers directly?

They are put into a /po subdirectory. You need to create a POT file
first using the phpextractor script. Mail me if you want one for
specific contrib modules.

Cheers,
	Gerhard