[drupal-devel] [feature] List of bloggers

Andrzej7 drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sat May 21 05:23:13 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    blog.module
 Category:     feature requests

I was a little afraid (poor PHP) to install the patch (March...), but I
have made a block. And it's very nice.

One question only. All the bloggers are shown, but the Admin (user No
1) is on the list and he has no blogs.

What's that?

Andrzej7

Previous comments:

February 8, 2005 - 23:27 : Bèr Kessels

Small patch to show a list of bloggers. We all should know that
blog.module is not meant for personal blogging, but that set aside, we
do not have a way to show all bloggers, on a site as a list. This patch
ads a few lines that will allow you to show that overview of blogging
users. It ads a menu item, disabled by default that shows such a list.

February 8, 2005 - 23:31 : Bèr Kessels

Here is a small screeny that shows what this is about.

February 8, 2005 - 23:34 : Bèr Kessels

hmm. error in my png file. Here is a correct one.

February 19, 2005 - 20:13 : Emiliano

Hi Bèr Kessels!

Thanks for the patch! It's really useful! :-)

I just noticed what I think is a little mistake in this line:

$items[] = l($row->name, 'blog/'.$row->uid)." ".theme('xml_icon',
url('blog/'.$row->uid.'/feed'), TRUE);

Which I believe should end like:

$items[] = l($row->name, 'blog/'.$row->uid)." ".theme('xml_icon',
url*('blog/feed/'.$row->uid)*, TRUE);

Ah, and BTW,  "db_rewrite_sql" didn't work for me... I just cut it
off... ;-)

Cheers,
Emiliano.

March 17, 2005 - 22:17 : Bèr Kessels

and here is the actual patch. (i think i really need some script that
tells me i did not attach a patch ;) )

March 17, 2005 - 22:19 : Bèr Kessels

sigh. something tells me i should stop working.... a silly "F" sneaked
into the previous patch.

March 24, 2005 - 20:25 : Anonymous

I applied the patch, reuploaded the blog.module and then deactivated and
reactivated it. I cannot see a difference. How do I access the blog
users page?

Drupal 4.6rc

thanks for the help.

March 24, 2005 - 20:53 : Bèr Kessels

look in the menu admin.

May 18, 2005 - 13:38 : Bèr Kessels

Nearly two months since the patch. If there is no need for this I will
mark it won't fix.

May 18, 2005 - 13:52 : tostinni

I made a custom block for this, but it still need a little improvment
(add "read more" for example). So I don't know if it's usefull but if
anyone care :

<?php
$result = db_query("SELECT u.uid, u.name, COUNT(0) AS num FROM {node} n
LEFT JOIN {users} u ON u.uid = n.uid WHERE n.type = 'blog' GROUP BY
u.uid, u.name ORDER BY u.name ASC");
while ($blog = db_fetch_object($result)) {
     $output .= '<li />'.l($blog->name. ' ('.$blog->num.')',
'blog/'.$blog->uid);
}
return '<ul>'.$output.'</ul>';
?>

May 18, 2005 - 16:06 : Chris Johnson

I think this is a useful feature.  I've coded custom blocks in the past
to provide it on my sites.