[drupal-devel] Unit tests in Drupal.

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Sun May 22 00:47:46 UTC 2005

Testing is good.
1) Unit tests for module developers is a good idea.  I looked at
phpunit but development has stopped and it's not easy to configure.
2) Crawlers to check sites after an upgrade is also a good test, and
I think we should leave wget in the manual but start looking at
recommending other crawlers with examples.  There are specific
regular expressions that would be useful when crawling a site and
wget can not handle them.  For instance, not crawling admin is a good
idea.
3) Functional testing is valuable.  If we can have non-programmers
create scripted tests with xml this is another thing that non-
programmers can contribute to the community.  Webinject seems to be a
good OSS solution for this.

Cheers,
Kieran