[drupal-devel] Licence issues using GPL'ed SquirrelMail code in mailhandler.module?

Evan Heidtmann evan.heidtmann at gmail.com
Sun May 22 16:06:14 UTC 2005

The best option is to read the license and/or contact the Squirrelmail folks.

My understanding of the GPL is that everything is fair game as long as
the same license applies. Squirrelmail's license appears to be vanilla
GPL v2, so as long as your module has that license, you should be
fine. The only thorn appears to be this condition for redistribution
of modified copies (Section 2):

    a) You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices
    stating that you changed the files and the date of any change.

But since you're lifting code, not modifying existing files, I'm not
sure what this means.

Also, I am definitely not a lawyer. I may have no idea what I'm talking about.

Evan