[drupal-devel] multibyte/mbstring in Drupal

Piotr Szotkowski shot at caltha.pl
Fri May 27 10:50:14 UTC 2005

Hello.

Gabor Hojtsy:

> We need to create our own wrappers anyway, since we
> should not make mbstring a requirement for Drupal!

Of course we need. All I'm saying is, "let's make the wrappers work
even when the string functions are overloaded" - which basically means,
"let's check whether strlen() is overloaded or not before using it for
obtaining *byte* length of a string and act accordingly."

Cheers,
-- Shot
--
    It's clear that whoever set up the font colorings for most programming
    modes has seen too many Peter Max posters, or did more acid than I did