[drupal-devel] Admin theme?

Stefan Nagtegaal Drupal-Devel at iStyledThis.nl
Sat May 28 16:34:52 UTC 2005

Op 28-mei-2005, om 16:53 heeft David Carrington het volgende geschreven:

> On 28/05/05, Dries Buytaert <dries at buytaert.net> wrote:
>
>> http://www.nascencetech.com/newvillageboy/2005/05/28/the-mumbo-jumbo-
>> of-blogging/
>>

> Has anyone contacted him asking him to be more specific about any of
> the problems he's found? If he's had so much trouble using it, perhaps
> he can explain what parts were causing that trouble.
>
> --
> David Carrington

I don't think that would be very hard to guess..
- Theming drupal withouth knowledge of PHP has been improved since a
little while and is available in HEAD now after PHPTemplate hit the
trunk;
- I do think that without any knowledge of PHP, you can't theme
drupal. I tried to convince *some* people to use wrapper functions
inside theme_* functions so they are easier to customize, but that
had a negative aura around itself.. I'm still not convinced that this
would be a bad thing todo;

And, afterwards I'm not very curious about what he thinks about
drupal anymore after the words he already spread here. If the guy
needs help, he can always ask but in a gentle way of talking. Which
is imo not like this!

So if he can talk without words/sentences as 'bitch', 'fuckin' and
the populair way of writing I am always willing to help someone. But
this get's me in the wrong mood..
The community does good things andn keep improving drupal, which is
really nice. This kind of e-mails are humiliating for all the people
who do their best to keep improving drupal and work on it a lot. The
way of writing makes me angry, and sick..

For my final words I'm lowering myself to the level of the original
writer:

"The e-mail is full of shit, without any real solutions of what could
be improved. I don't know who the hell this guy may be, but he
probebly think he's God or something.
I truly ask myself why people are writing such e-mails.. I cannot see
what the thinking behind it is, or could be.
IMO these kind of e-mail could/should be ignored..."

As said above, this is it.. PERIOD

When the e-mail is rewritten on a normal way, and does have some
improvements which we should work on it will be a whole other story..
But this is not normal..

Just my 0.02 cents.. (I don't expect you guys to feel the same, but I
just want to point this out)

Your sincerely,

Stefan