[drupal-devel] Admin theme?

Steven Wittens steven at acko.net
Sat May 28 18:28:36 UTC 2005

Dries Buytaert schreef:

> http://www.nascencetech.com/newvillageboy/2005/05/28/the-mumbo-jumbo-
> of-blogging/
>
> "I’m using Drupal for a couple of community sites I run and it’s not
> really by choice. It is by far the most feature-laden OpenSource
> content management engine there is. It’s also a BITCH to use and
> customize. A couple of really weird user interface issues bug me to
> hell too. What in the name of HADES made them decide that a theme
> just had to affect the editing interface too? You got any idea how
> fuckin’ troublesome it is to create a CSS file for all the editing
> widgets and forms that nobody except me sees? I’m still stuck using
> the downloaded themes for all my Drupal sites ‘cos I simply can’t be
> bothered with creating a whole new theme for it."

I'm still in the "no admin theme" camp. Consider this: how popular would
Wikipedia be if their edit interface worked and looked completely
different from the regular site?

People who look for a blogging tool automatically want a separate admin
interface, but this is only a small part of our audience.

Steven Wittens