[drupal-devel] Admin theme?

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Tue May 31 07:06:21 UTC 2005

Op dinsdag 31 mei 2005 06:54, schreef Dries Buytaert:
> On 31 May 2005, at 05:39, Boris Mann wrote:
> > Chris, unless there is something really difficult that we're
> > missing, I don't think there *is* a split -- anyone can make a
> > separate admin theme right now, with no hacks.
>
> Can we update one core theme so that it differentiates between admin
> and non-admin pages (based on the URL scheme)?  I think that should
> be this discussion's action point.

please no!

that is exactly the non-flexibility we do not not want. Hardoded regexpes etc
are not an option IMO.

Here is my plan
* someone needs to update sections module to work with the HEAD blocks path
API
* someone needs to code a style or theme for our admin areas
* we need to put copy-pastable sets of regexpes that a user can paste in the
sections config.

Note the "someone". I have no time for this ;) But this is an easy route, yet
it will provide the flexibility. for as Gerhard pointed out /my/ admin may
not be /yours/. Think of /node/add/forum vs node/add/blog, admin/taxonomy,
etc. a lot of paths that we will never agree upon, simply because every
drupal site will use them different.

Regards,
 Bèr
--