[drupal-devel] Admin theme?

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Tue May 31 07:22:58 UTC 2005

On 31-May-05, at 12:07 AM, Bèr Kessels wrote:

> Op dinsdag 31 mei 2005 06:54, schreef Dries Buytaert:
>
>> On 31 May 2005, at 05:39, Boris Mann wrote:
>>
>>> Chris, unless there is something really difficult that we're
>>> missing, I don't think there *is* a split -- anyone can make a
>>> separate admin theme right now, with no hacks.
>>
>> Can we update one core theme so that it differentiates between admin
>> and non-admin pages (based on the URL scheme)?  I think that should
>> be this discussion's action point.
>
> please no!
>
> that is exactly the non-flexibility we do not not want. Hardoded
> regexpes etc
> are not an option IMO.

Ber --

1) sections is not core
2) this can be accomplished today, by any themer (including choosing
the regexes), at the layer of the template

This is a theme layer issue, and as such is up to individual theme
designers whether or not to provide separate admin styling. If there
are things that can be done to make this easier (which might very
well include documentation in the theme guide to download and use
sections.module) then great.

I think the discussion point stands -- Chris, we'd love for you (or
anyone else)  to have a go at this with one of the core themes. Look
at the occy theme to see how it's done there.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bmannconsulting.com