[drupal-devel] Admin theme?

Steven Wittens steven at acko.net
Tue May 31 15:03:17 UTC 2005

> I am in agreement with Adrian.  I don't really care if the admin areas
> are themed differently or the same as the rest of the site.  I just
> want the admin areas to be usuable.  In most themes, they are
> difficult or impossible to use --  tables regularly blow up the page,
> admin links are behind menus where they cannot be clicked, etc.

But this has nothing to do with whether a page is an admin page, but
whether it has wide content. What about the "recent posts" page, it can
have a wide table too. Is "Edit my account" an admin page? Etc etc.

If you need to solve the problem of accomodating special content, why
not preg for "<fieldset" and "<table" in the content, and use an
alternate stylesheet then?

Steven