[drupal-devel] Admin theme?

Chris Johnson chris at tinpixel.com
Tue May 31 14:50:18 UTC 2005

Adrian Rossouw wrote:

> The simple fact of the matter is a large amount of the themes we have
> currently are UNUSABLE, and the simple fact
> of the matter is that these themes can not all be changed to work
> correctly. Would we rather have more themes, and
> lower the barrier of entry for new themers, or would we rather argue
> about semantics and personal feelings regarding
> seperately styled admin sections.

I am in agreement with Adrian.  I don't really care if the admin areas are
themed differently or the same as the rest of the site.  I just want the admin
areas to be usuable.  In most themes, they are difficult or impossible to use
--  tables regularly blow up the page, admin links are behind menus where they
cannot be clicked, etc.

I already have to have an "admin" theme:  That is, I have to install, enable
and configure 2 themes for my site.  The first is the styled theme I want all
visitors to see.  The second is the one where the admins can actually do
something because they cannot in the first theme which is unusable in the
admin sections.

--
Chris Johnson