[drupal-devel] [feature] Fix problems with node attribute checking (and improve defaults)

Steven drupal-devel at drupal.org
Tue May 31 19:47:30 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    forum.module
 Category:     feature requests

Okay this patch is now a little different ;). It fixes the checking of
attributes in blogapi: not only was the default for the variable wrong,
but it also checked for array keys rather than array values.

Finally, I fixed the database.sql fix so it correctly makes forum
topics not be promoted by default.

Steven

Previous comments:

May 31, 2005 - 18:52 : Steven

One side effect of the node system is that all the default node flags
(promote, revisions, etc) have only one default setting for all node
types.

The most meaningless result of that IMO is that forum topics are
promoted to the front page by default. This is probably one of the most
confusing things people run into when setting up a Drupal forum.

The attached patch adds a row to the variable table to force forum
topics to not be promoted by default. This will only affect new
installations.

Patch is for CVS, but IMO it should go in 4.6 too.

May 31, 2005 - 20:32 : Steven

Sorry I based this on a quick glance at my variables table which seemed
to be stale. But I've noticed a problem with the way node options are
checked in blogapi. Better patch coming.