[drupal-devel] Securing Login: MD5 password hashing using javascript

Sergio lsmoura at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 13:06:02 UTC 2005

It's easy to hack even if it is encrypted with md5 with javascript. The best
way would be to use https...
But, I must aggree that it's better than nothing... But there is one
issue... If the user dont use javascript? There should be a noscript tag
that allows the user to authenticate without javascript (and let the server
knows that the authentication is plain).
Maybe it could be introduced by a module or something that can be easily
turned on and off...

- Luis Sergio Moura