[drupal-devel] Securing Login: MD5 password hashing using javascript

Konstantin Käfer kkaefer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 17:14:58 UTC 2005

Hello,

Why should sending the password hashed increase security? Just get the
hashed password and provide that to the script (of course not by
entering it in the password field but by "faking" the HTTP POST
values).

The only way to protect the password is using SSL or TLS.

Regards,
Konstantin

--
http://timcn.de