[development] Do I need to upgrade my database?

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Wed Nov 9 21:01:23 UTC 2005

Hi, as part of the Drupal administration user experience survey we
are improving the upgrade instructions for Drupal.  This was listed
as the 5th most difficult administration task.

During interviews with administrators we learned that people want to
know if they need to upgrade their database or just apply new files
as in the recent security releases.

I have created a page: Do I need upgrade my database? http://
drupal.org/node/37017

I was told that the changelog ( http://drupal.org/CHANGELOG.txt )
contained this information.  But it is not obvious to me.  How do I
create an official list of which releases require a DB update?

Thanks,
Kieran