[development] Help with Drupal Tests

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Fri Nov 11 20:31:45 UTC 2005

Hi Nimish. Glad you are interested in our test suite.

> I don't mind writing a script myself. But any help is welcome, since I
> haven't yet dived deep into Drupal's way of doing things.

I just committed a file that does just this. It is untested, but I'm
sure you can fix it if there is a bug:
http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/modules/simpletest/run_all_tests.php?rev=1.1&view=log

http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/modules/simpletest/tests/

> When I tried running the test through the UI (using the simpletest
> module) I ran into a couple of issues:
>
>  1. The test module released for 4.6.0 (which is the latest release of
> that module) does not have any tests in it. In fact, the "tests"
> directory is altogether missing from the downloaded tar ball. Should I
> be reporting this on a different mailing list?

please don't use 4.6 release. use HEAD. 4.6 version of this module was
very different.

>  3. When I tried running the tests from CVS head against the Drupal CVS
> head, many of them failed. I am not too bothered by the failures. I
> understand the CVS HEAD may not always be working completely. But the
> PHP script is just dying when running many of the tests.

I would appreciate if you could fix some of these tests, and perhaps
improving our debug output so that we don't get a blank screen. there is
a lot of potential in these tests, but small bugs are preventing them
from being useful at this point.