[development] Drupal Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)

Jose A. Reyero jareyero at wanadoo.es
Sat Nov 12 21:54:44 UTC 2005

Completely agree with Adrian. We do need this.

Only I would ask that this formal proccess doesn't mean too much
administrative overhead for every new project. So, basically, a new
section to know other people's 'big plans' and see easily 'who's working
on what' would do. If we have one html page for each project and one
'coordinator' that maintains that page, keeps a list of related queued
patches, and the people involved, that would be a good start point. For
the rest, the patch queue and the forum will do.

One of the main problems I see with the patch queue is that it's not
practical at all when trying to get big patches in. The work it takes to
have the patch up to date with HEAD, while people is reviewing it is
really overwhelming. So what if we took some snapshot of the core as the
starting point for each of this projects, and once the code has been
reviewed and polished enough by the people involved in that particular
project, we update it for head once as 'ready to be committed', and... ?

Cheers,

Jose