[development] Drupal Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)

Adrian Simmons adrinux at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 22:09:30 UTC 2005

Jose A. Reyero wrote:
> Completely agree with Adrian. We do need this.
Me too.

> The work it takes to
> have the patch up to date with HEAD, while people is reviewing it is
> really overwhelming.
What Adrian is suggesting is facilitating better collaboration, helping to
spread the work of making big changes.

> So what if we took some snapshot of the core
Sounds like just as much work, just in a different order.

A more structured approach to making big changes should allow for agreement on
what would likely go into core prior to the code being completed, it should help
shorten the review process. With that and better collaboration 'chasing HEAD'*
should be less of a problem.

* (you at the back, stop sniggering)
--
adrinux (aka Adrian Simmons) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>