[development] Drupal Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)

Jose A. Reyero jareyero at wanadoo.es
Sun Nov 13 11:33:32 UTC 2005

Adrian Rossouw wrote:

> >> So what if we took some snapshot of the core as the
> >> starting point for each of this projects, and once the code has been
> >> reviewed and polished enough by the people involved in that particular
> >> project, we update it for head once as 'ready to be committed',
> and... ?
>

> That's why you have a seperate repository. =)

Right after sending the email I realised that what I was describing is
already invented and is called 'branches' :-)

We don't really need a separate repository for each of these projects,
but the ability to create branches. Maybe if it's not practical to have
too many branches in the main repository -I don't know too much about
cvs administration and permissions-, we could have a new repository
-better svn-, in which we mirror the main one, and have a more relaxed
commit policy, and the ability to create branches.

Actually I could keep a branch -kind of- in a folder in my sandbox. Only
I don't know whether it will be too much for the current cvs repository
if we all start to create our own branches like that.