[development] Drupal Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Mon Nov 14 05:35:05 UTC 2005

+1 from me too.

It is about time we look at requirements early in the process, and discuss them
and get agreement on them before we are too far off in coding.

The mantra "code is gold and talk is silver" is often taken to
extremes, and have
undersirable effects.

Adrian mentioned Jabber as an example. I will mention another CMS that written
in PHP and MySQL: Xaraya has a format RFC process (Request for Comment).

Here are some of them:
http://xaraya.com/index.php/documentation/72

For small things, the patch process can still be used. For anything
that is a bit
more elaborate (e.g. forms API), we need the DEP process in place.