[development] Drupal Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Mon Nov 14 09:50:07 UTC 2005

Having DEPs can be a good thing, however, I won't make it a requirement.

- If you think that working out a detailed proposal or design
document would benefit your project, by all means, write one.

- If you think that is what it takes to coordinate people that want
to contribute to your project, by all means, write one.

Nothing stops you from taking that path:

- Occasionally, we've seen written proposals and task lists; the CCK
being the most prominent example.  See http://drupal.org/cck-status.

- Occasionally, we've seen roadmap documents; Ber strongly believed
in maintaining a Drupal 4.6 roadmap (not supported by me). See http://
drupal.org/node/12202.