[development] Drupal Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)

Ber Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Mon Nov 14 10:35:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:50:07 +0100
Dries Buytaert <dries at buytaert.net> wrote:

> - Occasionally, we've seen roadmap documents; Ber strongly believed
> in maintaining a Drupal 4.6 roadmap (not supported by me). See http://
> drupal.org/node/12202.

To elaborate on this: I meant it as an experiment. To see if we could get something in place that all mayor projects seem to have: a place where humans can read whats happening.

The experiment was a success, because the outcome is very clear:
* Users want this very badly
* We dont have an infrastructure (i.e. code) to maintain something like this easy
* We dont have engineers and developers around who are willing to spend the time and effort to maintain their (or others) statuses on such a place. [1]
* So we failed to maintain such a place.

Ber

[1] This should be either by the developers themselves, or by those who understand the code and technical (drupal) jargon well enough to rephrase a set of patchesm or a module into one sentence. It is a very hard thing to do. Apparently (that roadmap was never up to date) too hard for our current way of doing stuff.

--
            Bèr Kessels                          Drupal services
            bler.webschuur.com                   www.webschuur.com
            ber at jabber.webschuur.com