[development] Drupal Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)

James Walker walkah at walkah.net
Mon Nov 14 15:19:25 UTC 2005

On 11/14/05 4:50 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> Having DEPs can be a good thing, however, I won't make it a requirement.

This is pretty big... I think it loses considerable effect if it's not
part of the mandatory workflow...

Part of the idea was to centralize the process and make it uniform
project-wide. If you look at the examples where Adrian is drawing most
of the ideas from (i.e. Jabber's JEPs or, one I like - PEAR's PEPr) -
there is a centralized overview of what can / will be implemented. I.E.
if it's not there, it can safely be presumed nobody is working on it.

I understand that it's hard to introduce something like this on such a
large community right now... but I think it would be hugely beneficial
to have something slightly more formal in place...

It's not a process we're gonna agree on overnight, but I think it's one
we should work towards.

my $0.02 (CAD)

James Walker :: http://walkah.net/ :: xmpp:walkah at walkah.net