[development] Re: [CS dev] Help with a CivicSpace Theme Layout... (Read it, you know you want to! :)

puregin puregin at puregin.org
Tue Nov 15 00:24:34 UTC 2005

On 14 Nov 2005, at 2:52 PM, Adrian Simmons wrote:

> Justin Davies wrote:
>> In all honesty, I don't think you have to worry about old Macs.
> Well, maybe, maybe not. It really all depends on a particular site
> and what the audience uses. Macs are reliable, they often go on for
> years and years. There are plenty out there still in active use.

Hmm, unless you have a need to support old mac
users in particular, I wouldn't feel too guilty about
dropping support for Mac IE5 (OS9/OS X).  After
all, both Microsoft and Apple dropped support for
it long ago.

      Djun

      P.S.  on a 'would be funny if it weren't
so painful' note - I had to use a provincial
government/ public service site the other day
that refused to let me use anything other than IE5+.

      When I complained, the person responsible
told me this policy was  'to ensure security' :)
I elected to transact my correspondence via
snail mail.