[development] Drupal Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Tue Nov 15 02:49:39 UTC 2005

James Walker wrote:

> On 11/14/05 8:00 PM, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
>
>> James Walker wrote:
>>
>>> The other thing - and I realize now it's a bit tangential - but I'd
>>> like to see a more transparent contributer approval process. but ,
>>> i'll leave that for another thread some day...
>>

>> I think having the applicants write some multi-volumen application
>> proposal in advance of evalutating their application would be very
>> effective in lowering the number of applications. So I am all for it. :)
>

> this is indeed a (healthy?) side effect. it's not just about lowering
> the number of applications, but trying to maintain a higher level of
> applications... i'm also passively curious - of our 300+ cvs
> contributors how many stay active?

Good question. First of all we are just three short of 400 approved
accounts. The cvs admin screen only shows the date of the first, the
most recent commit, and the total of commits. There are quite a few
accounts (146!) that were never used. I wonder if that is correct. Ax
Kollmorgen used to run cvsmonitor at drupal.kollm.org, but apparently he
only does that for core nowadays.

Cheers,
    Gerhard