[development] Drupal Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)

John Handelaar john at handelaar.org
Tue Nov 15 03:30:26 UTC 2005

James Walker wrote:
> On 11/14/05 8:00 PM, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
>>
>> I think having the applicants write some multi-volumen application
>> proposal in advance of evalutating their application would be very
>> effective in lowering the number of applications. So I am all for it. :)
>
> this is indeed a (healthy?) side effect. it's not just about lowering
> the number of applications, but trying to maintain a higher level of
> applications... i'm also passively curious - of our 300+ cvs
> contributors how many stay active?

I'd wager it has no effect on module developers at all, but
increases the number of people who get involved with core.

Certainly I'm not about to spend time on core hacking when
I'm not sure if the Magic Hand of Dries(tm) will approve it
in the end.  Obviously if he doesn't, I'm wasting my time.

But if I'm contributing to an agreed project, that worry no
longer applies.  I don't mind having stuff sent back if it's
wrongly formatted, but I would mind having something for core
written and then rejected as not something Dries wants to
commit for some other reason.

[Maybe Dries never does that.  I have no idea one way or another.
That, in its own way, is yet another reason for this idea to go
forward.]

jh