[development] Drupal 4.7.0 update

Piotr Krukowiecki piotr at mallorn.ii.uj.edu.pl
Tue Nov 15 23:18:51 UTC 2005

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 05:49:46PM +0100, Dries Buytaert wrote:
> - As of tomorrow, I'm not likely to make any more API or database
> changes, unless deemed important.  (I might make an exception for
> some of the pending patches/work but I'm not likely to consider _new_
> patches that add _new_ functionality.)  I'll be more strict, and that
> implies that some patches will not make it into Drupal 4.7.0.

Postgresql cache bug, which exists since pre-4.6, has a patch at
http://drupal.org/node/10407#comment-54381

It needs testing (yes, people using mysql have to test it too!) and
probably some work. I'm getting some weird warnings with this patch, but
I haven't confirmed if they are related to the patch.

If this bug is not fixed, 4.7 will be second main Drupal release (after
4.6) which does NOT support caching AT ALL.

--
Piotrek
irc: #debian.pl