[development] How big is contrib?

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Wed Nov 16 14:44:13 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:59:24 +0100, James Walker <walkah at walkah.net> wrote:

> On 11/16/05 3:17 AM, Karoly Negyesi wrote:
>>> I want to know how many use the forms API's #post_process
>>> feature to evaluate the impact of a potential patch.
>>  And already I am wrong: image does use it...
>
> yeah it does, and can you please outline why exactly it needs to change?
>    i don't think just renaming for the heck of it at this point makes
> much sense. that's the kind of stuff that should have been done *before*
> formapi hit core, imnsho.

James, for heaven's sake, where were you when we ported core? Have you
said that 'stop, this will confuse users'? We made an error by naming that
so, and we correct it before spreads.

It confuses people because here post refers to "after" as in "after the
build is done" and not $_POST.

Why is it so bad to adjust it after it hit core? If it wouldn't do you
think anyone would have tested a four houndred kilobyte patch?

Regards

NK