[development] subversion

Gildas COTOMALE gildas.cotomale at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 04:21:15 UTC 2005

2005/11/16, Darrel O'Pry <dopry at thing.net>:

> Haven't even played with it, just stirring the water... I wouldn't mind
> seeing svn become the defacto... But I used both svn and cvs (excluding
> checkouts) for the first time in the last two weeks. They're alot easier
> to use than I expected.

http://wiki.gnuarch.org/SubVersionAndCvsComparison
http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/scm.html
http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/

SVN is still new but is already the winner: It will be the next
defacto as it is an enhancement of CVS and keep the major
compatibility with it (that's important for easy and safe
migration...) That's exactly the way CVS overcome RCS :)

--
- when i come to cvs, what was great is i could migrate my rcs with ease
- don't care, it will be easier to switch to svn