[development] cvs commit of a 4.6 module when cvs main is going for 4.7

Syscrusher scott at 4th.com
Sun Nov 20 03:58:41 UTC 2005

On Saturday 19 November 2005 16:59, Fabio Varesano wrote:
> I tried it but not luky with cvs... I'm getting:
> cvs commit: sticky tag `DRUPAL-4-6' for file `video.module' is not a branch
>
> Does someone could explain how can I do it?

{CHUCKLE}

I couldn't have helped you an hour ago, but I can now. I just ran across the
same problem with one of my modules, and, using advice from the list
archives, fixed it thusly:

$ cd $YOUR_MODULE_DIRECTORY_FOR_4_6
$ cvs update           # ... if you hadn't already done so
$ cvs tag -b -F DRUPAL-4-6
$ cvs commit

The problem is caused by by not having added "-b" when originally tagging the
directory.

Source of info:

     http://lists.drupal.org/archives/development/2005-04/msg01068.html

Hope this helps.