[development] One core, many distributions

Fehér János feher.janos at mindworks.hu
Tue Nov 22 11:45:30 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm new on the list. I've subscribed to this list because I'd
like to contribute Drupal if I can get enough knowledge and time.

2005-11-19, szo keltezéssel 19.52-kor Karoly Negyesi ezt írta:
> Here is a proposed core set:
>
> block
> comment

I think, i18n functions should be handled by the core. The problem
of a multilanguage site is too global to handle by an outside module.
Just look to the ecommerce module (locations, zones for taxes, etc.)
or node translations (there's no "good" association between the
translation and the original node) or menu.module. You have to patch
the core if you'd like to get the existing i18n to work.

On the whole, I'd like to see i18n in the core.

Bests,
--
Aries