[development] Building Theme Documentation, Need Help.

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Tue Nov 22 18:27:40 UTC 2005

One aspect of MT templating is a little goofy. Every different view --
'category view', 'index page' view, 'individual entry' view, etc, is a
template for a full and complete HTML page. Code for displaying each
individual entry is duplicated in each template.

I spent a few days setting up a series of template for my MT blog that
mirrored PHPTemplate's system: a 'page' template, and a smaller
repeating 'entry' template that's included. It takes work, though, and
the system doesn't lend itself to that very easily.

--Jeff