[development] One core, many distributions

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 09:30:15 UTC 2005

> Look, someone did a really bad, and I mean, really HORRIDLY BAD
> call when they decided to take out the sessions setting options for
> the 4.6 release.

> You broke so many rules about market strategy, usability and
> software development, I can't even fathom how you came to the
> conclusion this was a good idea. Then again, yes, I can fathom the
> logic just by the discussion we are having here.

That clueless person would have been me.  (Make no mistake, I don't
regret that change.)

> And you did changes to the RSS system as well, and not for the good
> of the user but for the good of your geekatude.

I don't know what RSS changes you are talking about.

> You think about the beauty of the code, the simplicity of your
> logic. That's nice and good. The problem is that it has nothing to
> do with reality. You are not thinking about the users --you are not
> really trying to find real world solutions for the people who are
> actually going to implement the product.

Please, either provide some constructive suggestions, learn how open
source software development works, find a CMS that you like better,
or pass the crack-pipe around so us idiotic geeks can share your
unanimous insights on market strategy, usability, communication,
software development and real world solutions.