[development] One core, many distributions

Liza Sabater blogdiva at culturekitchen.com
Wed Nov 23 06:51:07 UTC 2005

On Nov 23 2005, at 01:25, Jeff Eaton wrote:

> I think that incorporating the concept of pathauto into the core
> path.module is an awesome idea. Making sure it doesn't paint users
> into
> a corner is just as important, though. Does that make any sense?

Totally. And again, I don't think it has to be an either/or issue.
Make it so people can choose at the moment of installation whether
they want to have their links blurbed or not. Which means, stop a
minute and think about how Drupal can take the CivicSpace installer
and make it even yummier. Again, sexy can be as simple as making it
easy to have multiple small or middle sized options as opposed to
just one efficient yet not quite satisfying big one.

/ liza