[development] creating forward compatable modules?

Tao Starbow starbow at citris-uc.org
Wed Nov 23 20:56:17 UTC 2005

> http://drupal.org/node/22218

Thanks. I had hoped there was some way to emulate the new 4.7
infrastructure in 4.6.  I guess I will wait on the 4.7 issues until we
upgrade everything.

>> Also, does anyone have advice on how to calculate how many Drupal
>> sites a server can handle?
>

> Bryght runs over a thousand.  It's totally traffic dependent.

Over a thousand sites on a single server?  Wow, that is much more
scalable that I would have guessed. I am coming from the JSP world,
which is more or a resource hog.
Is there a more useful metric, like total simultaneous authorized users
or total hits per hour?  How does Bryght make the call, "time to pop
another server in the rack"?